For Every Child, AN ADVOCATE:
In an effort to measurably improve UNICEF’s ability to deliver better results for children, there is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in the world’s thereby ensuring a better future for every child, this is the chance to make a difference. This position contributes to the effective and efficient management of the Office of the Representative and the Country Programme through:
Coordination and monitoring of actions and recommendations resulting from various management bodies/forums, including the UNCT, CMT, JCC etc.;
Resolution of key issues deferred to the Representative and Front Office attention, including the Deputy Representative, the Chief of Field Services and the Chief of Operations;
Establishment of effective lines of communication and exchange of information/documents with Sections and Field Offices, as well as external partners, including the UNCT and relevant government offices;
Timely review, follow-up and quality feedback to relevant parties on questions/issues referred to the Representative
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
The incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties and end results.
1. Advise the Representative, the Deputy Representative, the Chief of Field Services and the Chief of Operations on strategic and management issues and priorities for India Country Office (ICO), with in-depth engagement on specific projects/activities, as needed, in coordination with relevant Section Chiefs and Field Offices;
2. Support the Office of the Representative, including the Office of the Deputy-Representative, in coordinating activities, performing research, and preparing briefing materials and position papers. Coordinate periodic meetings, including the Country Management Team meetings; draft reports, record discussions and prepare minutes and memoranda. Maintain records and track the status of the Representative’s action items. Analyze and collect information in support of milestone activities;
3. Keep abreast of issues and activities in relation to the Country Programme management, as well as emergency preparedness/response, partnerships and donor relations, in order to provide timely and appropriate advice. Develop partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including the United Nations System and national partners, in order to collect and disseminate development data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implementation. Also ensure linkage to the Regional Programme Knowledge Network to ensure the availability of current and accurate programme data;
4. Liaise with the Deputy Representative, the Chief Field Services, the Chief of Operations, as well as Section Chiefs and Chiefs of Field Offices to ensure streamlined communication within ICO, effective coordination with the Representative’s Office and the resolution of problems;
5. Prepare and provide quality review (content and format) of draft speeches, briefing notes, comments, and reports under the authority of Representative’s Office. Ensure the Representative’s Office inputs are provided and reflected in these documents and in any other internal ICO communication/discussions, documents and initiatives;
6. At the request of the Representative or designated official, participate in meetings, missions, or events to represent India Country Office;
7. Manage the Representative’s front office, serving as the main point of reference on requests and problems; handle general management issues as requested. Ensure routing of assignments to Sections and ensure completion by deadlines;
8. Prepare draft correspondences for the Representative, including on sensitive matters;
9. Oversee the overall functioning of the Representative’s Office, including providing guidance to the Senior Executive Associate in the effective management and coordination the front office’s activities.
Please click here to Apply Online