ThoughtWorks is looking for Principal Technologists with 15 years of experience who really know how to influence and take total responsibility on client engagements. If you’re doing technical strategy and like to design elegant solutions, we’d like to meet you.
ThoughtWorks’ vision is to better humanity through software, and help create a more socially and economically just world. We are dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, agile and open-source. We help our clients with some of their toughest business problems by delivering robust systems.
- Directly guide the technical strategy for our clients
- Explore ways to improve our business relevance for customers
- Influence and shape our client portfolio
- Build out a new capability within ThoughtWorks – perhaps for Mobile, Big Data or DevOps
- Speak at conferences, get published
What’s your background?
- You can guide consulting clients through today’s significant technical challenges
- You act as an advisor to C-level executives to define and deliver the technical strategy
- You really understand the business context of the challenges that organisations face and
distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients to create and deliver robust,
scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- You have the credibility and gravitas to operate to work closely with our demand team on pre-
- You are comfortable with system thinking and system analysis
- You are capable of coding and beginning an implementation to get a project off the ground
- You love coding. Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you
might like, you’ve no doubt found other ways to keep your coding skills from getting too rusty
and we expect that you’ll have had exposure to recent technologies
- You have a rich breadth of experience and are equally comfortable talking financial projections
or business process modelling as you are advocating for TDD
- You have significant experience and a thorough understanding of different architectures, tools &
- You have hands-on working experience with languages & platforms such as Java, C#, Ruby,
Android, iOS, Python, Scala or Clojure.
- You appreciate elegance in a solution or a piece of code
- You are comfortable working with specialist roles such as mobile app development, big data
engineer/scientists to get things delivered
- You have a breadth of experience in tech such as analytics, web, apps and continuous
integration and continuous delivery
Leadership is not something you do from far away, you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success
What you believe
- That Continuous Development is a tool of business, not just IT teams
- That lean startup techniques bring flexibility to the development process
- That new challenges are coming in the space of disruptive technology such as hardware, social
and privacy issues and data
There’s no typical day or engagement for our Principal Consultants. You might spend a few weeks with a new client or be full-time on delivery project for 12 months. It’s varied and you thrive on these different challenges. Our teams work on a huge variety of projects; you could be helping a retail giant rethink their technology strategy one day and working on an app that reunites families in case of emergencies. We sometimes work at customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
We employ an autonomous, self-management work culture, with very little hierarchy. This approach encourages people to take ownership and accountability, and to be curious. It requires a “trust first” attitude, which supports a creative mindset and promotes innovation through disruptive thinking.
We are passionate technologists who believe in the power of software and technology as tools for social change. The 800+ people in ThoughtWorks India are as diverse in personality as we are in our backgrounds, culture, and expertise.
If you’re someone who’s inspired by technology, by joining ThoughtWorks, you become part of a community. People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them, work with the people who wrote the tools they would like to use, and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.